Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, December 18, 2006

Hey, that's not a dog...

it's a cat...in a festive holiday sweater...



Now, this is really a dog sweater, but it seems to fit Elwood just fine.



The thing is, that when I put it on him he just started purring...alot... I was prepared for a fight, but this sometimes-way-too-gentle giant just went completely limp in my arms.



http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.spell.gifHe looked so darn cute in it, and actually settled down. I almost didn't every want to take it off of him. But I did, no really I did. Of course, he might find his way into it again and again this holiday season...

Now, you knitting purists might say that I should have knitted him a sweater by hand, but since putting a sweater on a cat is unpredictable at best, it is far safer to purchase a mass-produced dog sweater from Old Navy at half price while you are doing your holiday shopping IMHO.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger KB said...

He looks adorable! I think he likes the sweater, as long as the other cats don't see him in it, and try to take his lunch money! :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger badmommy said...

OK, that's possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen! Makes total sense to me to buy one to try out, but I now see hand-knit kitty sweaters in your future :-)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

I think so, too. I just might have to do it. He really loves it. As soon as I put him in it (which I've been doing everyday for my own amusement) he just flops over, purrs, and takes a nice nap. Maybe I should start thinking about a Halloween costume/sweater. Pirate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home