Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Baby's first sock



So I'm knitting my first sock from a seemingly "easy" sock pattern from the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits. I finished the cuff last night, and will be starting the cable rib as soon as I get a chance to knit again...I must say that knitting with toothpicks (not literally) is actually more fun than I thought it would be. And hey, this is the perfect commuting-sized project.

Why do I have so few precious knitting moments in store? Because, folks, I have to work my butt off for BigHealthCareCo Inc. I took yesterday off...relaxed, watched the olympics, hung out and knitted with KnitsyBitsy and Janis. It was lovely and relaxing. If only I didn't have to complete the comps from hell by Thursday...

Of course, if if's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. Whatever that means.

In other news, apparently Miss Mabel, kitty extraordinaire, peed all over my laundry. Sigh. Luckily it was the dirty stuff. I guess she's feeling pretty threatened by the neighbors cats who literally taunt her from the backyard.

One of them sits there, completely wide-eyed and immobile, just staring right at her. It's a really piercing stare that even freaks me out a little. Eventually, Mabel can't take it anymore and leaps at the window/door howling and screeching. The other kitty sits there, completely nonplussed, steadily gazing in...

Every time I look outside the kitty is there...sitting...staring...freaking...me...out...

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger KB said...

O..M...G...That yarn is so-o-o-o gorgeous. You'll be sporting spiffy socks soon! Say that 10 times fast.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

When any of the neighborhood cats are making trouble for our kids, I go outside or open the window and hiss at them. They've stopped coming around to stare into the windows. For a small fee I'll make house calls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home