Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Birthday Boo-tay

Well, Thursday was my birthday. I'm not one of those people who gets really excited about birthdays--I never have been. That's probably because I'm so used to getting birthday/xmas cards and gifts that there really isn't much of a difference.

That said, Griff has always been really good about birthday/christmas separation and this year I've got some serious birthday booty to show for it.


I looooooooooooooove it! Okay, let's face it, pink is definitely my favorite color, so of course a gorgeous pink gemstone necklace is the perfect gift.


Of course, I'm hardly a professional jewelry photog, but obviously they employ quite a bit of special lighting to showcase the color and general reflectiveness...my photos don't do this necklace justice. You'll just have to see it for yourself in person! Thanks, G.


Also, the work crew threw together a slew of thoughtful/hilarious gifts. This is the perfect gift, a pink luggage tag with an "M" on it. Love it.


They also got me some Good vs. Evil unicorn action figures. As soon as I saw them I couldn't stop laughing. The packaging is hilarious.


Watch out for the destructicorn. That's one badass unicorn.

Highlights from the sides of the packaging:

Are you a Good Unicorn?
  • Do you like to prance through meadows?
  • Have you ever spent all day chasing butterflies and rainbows?
  • Is your favorite sound a laughing brook?
  • Do you believe the children are our future?
  • Are the fairies your friends?

    Are you an Evil Unicorn?
  • Do you go around impaling Teddy bears and baby seals?
  • Have you ever dreamed of ruling the underworld?
  • Are you still bitter you weren't invited on the ark?
  • Have you ever used your hooves to bludgeon the weak and innocent?
  • Do you occasionally breathe fire?


    I also loved the adorable wrapping paper--who doesn't love kittens in silver tiaras! Nootsie, I totally thought of you when I looked at the paper.

    Now that I'm moving into a cube at work, I think I'm going to have to paper it with this wrapping paper and have a stack of Cat Fancy mags laying around. Something tells me people might leave me alone with that decor...

  • 1 Comments:

    At 11:04 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

    Omigosh - that necklace is bootiful for sure!

    And I LOVE the unicorns - I just happened to see those last Thurs. at - guess - university art - and howled when I read the package - how wonderful you now have them!

    I have to find that wrapping paper. Have to.

    Hope you had a wonderful day - can't wait to get together & get caught up when you're back from VA.
    Happy Birthdachrismakwanzafestivukkuh!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home