Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Artfibers 4-1-1

Last Friday, free from the bonds of employ, found me downtown running some errands. The kinds of things you can never find time to do when you have a j-o-b. I returned some clothing (I don't really need new clothes for the job anymore), went to the library and checked out some books to read (I haven't done that in such a long time that I had to renew my card), and also made time to stop by Artfibers.


[Side note: Monkey cannot be apart from the camera for two seconds. He loves it just that much.]

Anyway, every other time I have visited, the store has been filled to the brim with shoppers. Several times I had departed sad and yarnless, because I was intimidated by the large quantities of yarn found on the cones.

However, last Friday afternoon, I briefly had the place to myself and was able to chat with the lovely proprietress. I was fretting because there was a gorgeous yarn that I wanted, but couldn't justify a 250 gram purchase.

Now, if you already know this I wish you had told me and shame on you for not doing so sooner, but she graciously informed me that I could wind off as much as I wanted in increments of 50 grams. Wha? A whole world of luxurious yarns were now at my fingertips. I decided to go with Ming, a silk and extrafine merino blend in hues of lovely pinks and purples.



I'm planning to make the Koolhaas hat (from this season's Interweave Gifts issue) and a coordinating scarf from this yumminess.

So, the question of the day, am I the only one who didn't know about this?

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Gosh, I didn't know this when i visited the store, only when I went to the website and saw some chat about it on Ravelry.
But I love the cone of Alfabeto -- and am knitting the Tuscany Shawl with it!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Ooh, can't wait to see your shawl--hopefully in person--hopefully soon :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home