Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, April 07, 2008

Jury Duty

IMG_8346
(Yes, I know this photo is a smidge blurry, but it really captures how much Mabel really loves the upstairs bathtub. She used to just sit in there to be petted and hang out, but now she mostly hides from Monkey in it.)

So my jury "Group" out of 15 available this week was picked to arrive bright and early this morning (no later than 8:30 am). Within an hour, my name was called for the first group sent for jury selection, and wouldn't you know it...once we settled in in the courtroom my name was the first called.

The bad news--I'm making a whopping $15 per day (thanks so much, CA). The good news is that the trial should be concluded this week.

Oh yeah, and next week it's Griffin's turn for jury duty. One of these days we are going to sync up and unleash some super justice on SF...or at least get to hang out sipping coffee while we chat and wait and make fun of the jury service video...

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

lol - I forgot about that fantastic video they want you to watch. Doesn't it make you proud to be a juror? It got me all fired up to deliver all sorts of justice. Turned out I was not a peer of the accused, so my justice will have to wait.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger yoel said...

What a cutie! My cat likes to sit on the side of the tub between the shower curtain and curtain liner. And she gets soooo scared when the shower water starts, but she doesn't budge! It's like watching an imax horror movie up close for her :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home