Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, September 15, 2008

Socks!

IMG_4081_edit
I finally finished my first official pair of knitted socks. I used the Froot Loops pattern from the Summer '08 Knitty and would totally knit them again.

IMG_4091
The only real beef I had was with my choice of yarn--the colorway really doesn't really accentuate the pattern. Next time I'll use a more tone on tone yarn (notice I said next time - I'm thinking I'll knit another pair in red).

In cat news, Mabel has decided that she WILL NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat her pills even when they are delicately placed inside delicious treats. Sigh. I really don't want to add forcing several pills a day down her gullet to my daily repertoire.

Ideas, anyone? We've exhausted all flavors of Greenie pill pockets including beef for dogs (which worked for exactly two pillings).

3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I think you'll have to put them down her. I actually got pretty good at doing this -- have your vet show you how!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Poor baby - I know forcible pilling is no picnic, but she might start to tolerate it somewhat.

Any info out there about what she's on & how long she should be on it? You know me, I can't help but wonder if Mabel knows better than the vet (I know, I'm so bad).

Give her a love for me.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

She's on steroids presumably for the rest of her life.

Sigh. She just tried to bite me in the face. There is just no prying her mouth open without hurting her. She can clench like her life depends on it (um, hello mabel the opposite is true).

Guess I'll have to give her a while to simmer down and try again later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home