Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

What About Knitting?



Well, I'm happy to say that knitting and I have gotten back together after a trial separation. Luckily, the trial divorce didn't take, and we are fully reconciled. At least I get to save on the expense of divorce. Of course everybody knows that knitting isn't cheap to support, but I vow to do my very best to support knitting in the manner to which it has grown accustomed.

Thank you, Warren, for coming in to the freezing cold city to have dinner and knit up a storm! Warren and I learned a valuable lesson on Monday night. If you are at a Mayan restaurant and have a hankering for, say, dessert, stand up and run for the safety of the hills.

If you persist in ordering a dessert, stick with the flan--a traditional dessert of this culture. If they are out of flan, and I cannot stress this enough, run screaming for the hills. Do not under any circumstances order the Yucatan style cheesecake. It consists of a sorry, soggy little slice of flan topped with a super sweet caramel sauce.

Definitely don't order a bowl of Yucatan cherries with a side of ice cream. Though it sounds delicious and refreshing, what you don't know is that the cherries are a sickly yellow color and are all pits. They have a sour, dirt-like taste which lingers in your mouth and destroys the ice cream flavor, as well as a bizarre mealy texture which lingers in a most unpleasant fashion.

Do, however, eat any and all garnish which is served to you. Strawberries and mint are delicious palate cleansers and will eradicate the disgusting faux cherry taste from your mouth.

Seriously, save yourself the time and trouble and pick up a pint of ice cream on your way home.

Anyway, one last sleeve to go on my niece's pink fisherman's sweater. Hopefully I'll finish this thing up (as soon as I get back from my sister's wedding). Dum, dum da dum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home