Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oh Boise

So, I am participating in my first knitalong. I'm a little nervous about it--I don't have too much free time to devote to knitting these days. Thus, I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's knit night. I mean, what if I have way less knitting completed than everyone else? I mean, what does that say about me and my knitting abilities?

I should also mention that so far this is my first moderately successful go at knitting lace.


I've completed a whopping 4.5 repeats of the 12 row pattern. I find I have to count my stitches after each right side row to make sure I've got all 94 of 'em.


I love the green color of the yarn. Sadly, my nighttime photos don't really do justice to the color of the yarn.


Pattern detail.

I wonder if I can blog stalk other knitalong folks to see how much they have done? Can you say competitive--even with a hobby as zen as knitting...

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger KB said...

it's so beautiful...and so adventurous!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Wish me luck! I've got some serious lace knitting anxiety...it's slow going, but hopefully will be rewarding (and will cure my fear of lace). I'm starting to wish I'd gone for something a little bit easier to start out with--but that wouldn't be quite my style :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home