Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, September 29, 2008

youTube YOU SUCK

So before our last backpacking trip a friend of Griffin's who was going to catsit for us while we were gone for a couple of days was visiting, and saw the box remnants in the kitchen and wanted the backstory.

So I promptly hopped online, pulled up youTube and discovered that MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN PERMANENTLY DISABLED. I figured it had to be a mistake, and quickly did some google searches and located a bazillion other folks who had the same issue and provided info on how to contact them.

So almost two weeks ago I contacted them via their online contact form.

I mean, I'm not exactly sure how my OWN PERSONAL videos of MY CATS which are OWNED BY ME (sorry kitties, I don't actually feel that way it's just the law 'o the land) and were FILMED and UPLOADED BY ME were somehow offensive or else someone else magically owned the copyright...

Apparently if someone even fills out a form with a bogus claim that you have copyrighted material youTube just permanently disables your account.

I'm so pissed I don't even know what to do. Clearly I will not EVER be using youtube for anything EVER AGAIN. I'm serious. Don't send me youTube links, I won't watch them.

Anyway, after more than a week with no response from them, my account is still permanently disabled and I'm shopping for an alternative to the evilness that is youTube. Any ideas? Preferences? Heresay?

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Kiwi said...

how frustrating!! The only other video sites I know but have no experience with are google(I think??) and MySpace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home