Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm So Embarrassed

I haven't been much of a procrastinator of late. (High school was a different story. Yes, it was easier for me to get up at 5:30 am to crank out papers and homework. My brain was just more fresh, I swear.)

I can't believe it has been so long since I have updated the blog. I mean, so much has happened that I wanted to blog about. But I just kept putting it off and putting it off...

Not to mention that the FaceBook has been a HUGE TIME SUCK. Suddenly I'm in almost constant contact with folks from grade school, high school, college and everything after...

Anyway, here are the highlights (sans knitting):

December
IMG_7036

I flew to Virginia to visit my family for a week. Good times were had despite the fact that my sister and father had both had surgery on their walking appendages which meant mobility for each was an issue. But my dad and I still had time to get out and take some pictures.

January

IMG_7166
First, the tree in front of our house decided it was fall. Bee-yoo-ti-ful.

Geared up and ready to roll
Later in the month, we visited some friends up in Vancouver and had an excellent time seeing the sights, feasting on halibut fish and chips and of course heading up to Whistler for some snow sport fun including cross-country skiing, showshoeing, and downhill skiing. Good times!

February so far
Our cherry tree is confused...
First, our cheery tree was confused when it decided that it was ready for spring and bloomed. Now most of the blossoms have been blown/knocked off of the branches by heavy rain, hail and high winds.

IMG_8414
We've been taking some great afternoon hikes through Glen Park which looks like a brown grassland for most of the year. But right now it's really pretty and full of wildflowers.

But the cake wasn't great
For VDay I made a square chocolate cake (couldn't find both cake rounds) that was a HUGE disappointment. It was so dry that after just a bite your mouth was sucked dry of any morsel of moisture. Blurg! I'm trying to rectify it right now by turning it into a chocolate bread pudding (made with cake Marie Antoinette style). Fingers crossed it works!

So that's the haps. Lest you worry about the cats they are both doing just fine. I'll plan to post a craft/knitting update and a cat update with pics in the near future.

Missed everyone! Happy knitting! Let's do this again real soon!

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Good to hear what's up. I love the photo of your dad!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger KB said...

No need to be embarrassed. It's so great to see that you've been out there living life! Love all the photos! You must tell me how the chocolate bread pudding turned out! I'm intrigued!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

The bread pudding turned out dee-licious. It was a little sweet for some tastes, but I cubed up the dry cake and made the custard and melted in some icing and was able to use half of the cake. Next time I won't add a full cup of sugar to the custard (maybe just 1/2 cup). But still it was chocolaty and tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home