Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Friday, January 06, 2006

Home sweet home

So, tomorrow begins the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing which is moving. It is exhausting. It helps remind you that no one in their right mind needs to have so much stuff. It takes forever to get things straight in the new place (especially if you need furniture to fill it -- good luck with that it can take weeks).

It was with that perky, upbeat spirit that we moved our first carload over to the new place last night. I say perky, upbeat spirit, but what I really mean is person with a terrible attitude with a cold from hell which won't quit.

Anyway, we moved a load over and much to our surprise found out a few things that we had overlooked about the new place.



First, take a good look at the kitchen/living room area...it looks nice and spacious right?



Right? Well, look again. What is missing from this picture?



If you said kitchen cabinets hanging on the walls give yourself a pat on the back and a cookie. There are no upper cabinets in this kitchen. I mean, where are the dishes supposed to go? I don't know about you, but something just doesn't seem right about putting dishes at floor level...also, there's no garbage disposal. I guess I can live without one, but it's nice not having stinky garbage stored up in the kitchen.

And the capper, folks, one of the bedrooms doesn't have a door. It does, however, have a lovely poo brown curtain. Guess we'll have to purchase a door among other things...

Next time I move, me and my knitting are going on vacation and I am hiring people to pack and move the stuff for me. I'm dead serious. I'll be sitting on a beach somewhere without a care in the world, knitting away, knowing that I'll be coming back to my new home.

Ah well, next time. As far as this time goes wish me luck. If I'm lucky we'll have tv and internet by Monday.

Just thinking about it all makes me want to lapse into a coma--boy that sure would hit the spot...

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Wait where did you move to? I bought a house and after we bought it we went back to check it out again. I was SO excited until Mr. Yarn said "Do you notice something?" I said "no". He said "There isn't one closet in this whole house". Victorians, gotta love em.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Well, I wish the move was over, but it has just begun...

Moving to Noe Valley...just took some car loads over today and now packing up the rest for the movers who'll show up bright and early tomorrow am.

Well, I guess at least we've got some closets, but not many...of course in the SOMA pad there was one small closet in a 3-level place...which is pretty crazy if you think about it...

Moving is exhausting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home