Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The big three...oh...nooooooooooo!

It's a fact. Today I am officially 30 years old. I'm trying really hard to not even think about it...it's just a day like any other day. I'm certainly not an old maid or anything. It's not like my life is already at least a third over...I definitely still look 21 (yes, I'm well aware that is a stretch but humor me, for goodness sake, it is my 30th birthday). Maybe if I'm lucky tonight I will get carded somewhere (hey, it could happen).

So far it's been a pretty good day. When I stepped out of the shower this morning, Griffin was standing there with a birthday eclair (candle and all). Boy, he knows me so well. I LOVE donuts. Who wouldn't love deep-fried, chocolate-covered, cream-filled sugar balls? Of course, now that I live in California, I'm a slave to healthy eating. Which means, I get a donut for breakfast literally once a year.

..........................................

My friends/co-workers are fan-freakin'-tastic. We decided to go out to lunch at a slightly she-she (a.k.a. high end) lunch spot. We walked in and didn't have a reservation (insert gasp here). I told to the host it was my birthday, and he GAVE us champagne. Just like that. A bit later we were seated for an absolutely fantastic lunch. Good times. And, those sneaks picked up the check. We dined on delectable cuisine, toasted with excellent glasses of wine, and even had dessert. It was perfect. Of course, I had to then leave work at 3pm since I was so sleepy from the perfect birthday lunch.

Thanks you guys! You rock. I totally owe you lunch kudos (no, not actual kudos candy bars for lunch, but you'll be getting some birthday props of your own eventually).

Plans tonight include a bit 'o bar hopping, followed by ice skating, followed by a late dinner. I guess if I can survive all of that I'll be able to handle being 30.

Time for a nap. Bzzzzz.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Janis said...

Happy Birthday, girlie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home