Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, January 23, 2006

I lost on Jeopardy--literally

Found during the move: this little gem of a letter.



Ever since I was a little girl I knew it was my mother's lifelong dream for her hyper intelligent daughter to be on Jeopardy. How did I know this? Why, she told me of course. The thing is, that though I'm decent at a game of Trivial Pursuit, I'm not by any means a "buff" of any sort.

But my mom had a dream, and dammit, I was going to have to try to live it out for her. She'd been bugging me about signing up for college Jeopardy for a couple 'o years. I'd always put it off. But, in my junior year of college, she'd had enough. She went ahead and signed me up herself.

And lo and behold this letter came in the mail. From the thousands of entries received, they had chosen me to come to New York City (where they supposedly know nothing of salsa) and try out in person.

Unfortunately, at the time I had boycotted a certain movie which was a remake of Valley Girl. And unfortunately for me, that was the one question I missed in the first round. Ugh. If only I had seen that movie or not had a mental block against it.

I did get to meet Alex, and he really wasn't the asshole I'd always thought he must be. He was actually quite a likeable chap.

I suppose that some day in the near future I'll have to try out again for my mom. Just so she can watch me fail miserably on national television. Of course, I could always sign her up...she does watch the show almost every night...I think they must repeat those questions every now and again...

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I'm afraid you're too cool for Jeopardy... they're not ready for someone who's smart AND socially adept. But I'd certainly tune in should you decide to make another go of it. I'll take "The Penis Mighter for $400 Alex."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home