Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I've been tagged

Though I've been completely ill ,and exhausted to date (and thus unable to blog), I simply cannot ignore a tag from Lo. So, here goes:

Four Jobs I've Had
1. Fry Gal - I spent a glamorous 7 whole days working at the Golden Arches pulling double shifts and generally being shat upon by my heartless co-workers.
2. Sandwich Artist - No, I didn't work for Subway. I worked for a small local sandwich shop making hundreds of sandwiches each lunch. I got so good that when they franchised they sent me to train the new folks how to make the sandwiches...and you wonder why I rarely eat tasty sandwiches...
3. Nanny - Once I'd had enough of making sandwiches, I decided to take an "easy" summer job as a nanny. I had to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for two kids while doing housework and watching them nonstop. It wouldn't have been so bad except that once word got out in the 'hood all of the stay-at-home moms sent their children over to "play" in droves...
4. Radio DJ - for the local public radio station whilst I was in high school. I got canned for playing Wagner in the early morning (i.e. easy listening) slot.

Four Movies to Watch Repeatedly
1. Office Space. I live it, so why not watch it to help me keep my sense of humor.
2. Rushmore. Again, huge fan of the dark intellectual comedy...i cannot watch this movie enough.
3. Waiting for Guffman. Best...film...ever. Because we all know that nothing ever happens on Mars. It's boring, boring.
4. Donnie Darko. Can't get enough of this movie or it's moody soundtrack.

Four Cities of Residence
1. Chesapeake, VA. You've never heard of it, but it's right next to Virginia Beach, VA.
2. Harrisonburg, VA. It's primarily a cow and turkey town that just so happens to have a college (or at least that's the way it was when I went there).
3. Washington, DC. The only thing I miss are the historic homes, beautiful gardens and free museums. I don't miss being forced to listen to endless political discussion.
4. San Francisco, California. Just moved to a new hood (Noe Valley) and I'm loving it more than ever before.

Four Favorite TV Shows
1. The Office. The American version. If you work in an office and watched it past the pilot you know what I'm talking about.
2. My Name is Earl. I've always been a Jason Lee fan and I just love his character (not to mention his semi-retarded brother Randy)
3. Lost. I'm completely addicted to this show. I think it fills an old void left by 90210 only in a more dramatic and adult fashion.
4. Firefly. I missed this series when it was on, but I've managed to Tivo most of the episodes. Joss Whedon is a genius.

Four Vacation Destinations
1. Walt Disney World. Yes, the one in Florida. When I was in 5th grade, my family packed up the Volvo station wagon and drove for days down to Florida so that my sister and I could experience the magic of Walt Disney World. My only gripe was that I was too short to ride the really good adult rides.
2. Pennsylvania. Various places every summer of my childhood. My parents had some very dear friends whom we would visit for one week every summer. I don't know if you've been to small town PA, but there's only so much to do. We went to Hershey Park, Gettysburg, a miniature horse farm, the Ephreta Cloister, the Lebanon bologna factory, and various other assorted activities.
3. Euro Tour. Several years ago Griffin, his brother, his brother's now wife and I flew to Frankfurt, rented a car, and drove all over Europe for a month. It was mostly fabulous (although sometimes nights of drinking and subsequent road trips can be a bit tricky). We saw Prague, Ceske Krumlov, Vienna, Florence, Venice, Paris and many other towns. Had a wonderful time.
4. London. Just got back this fall from a fabulous trip to London with my folks. It was fun showing them around town and exploring. They had a great time, and it was wonderful to get to spend so much time with them (it was also sometimes a tad exhausting).

Four Web Sites I Visit Daily
1. Overheard in the Office. My co-workers and I have gotten some choice phrases posted there.
2. Salon.com. They (and New Yorker magazine) are my primary source of real news.
3. Crazy Aunt Purl. She's a 30-something divorcee knitter with several cats and a charming southern wit.
4. Yahoo Mail. I am absolutely addicted to checking my email. I check every 5 minutes when I can...

Four Favorite Foods
1. Dim Sum. Dim Yum. Specifically steamed barbeque pork buns. I'm salivating just thinking about one. Mmmmm.
2. Vietnamese spring rolls. Love those fresh shrimp, mint, rice noodless all wrapped up and dipped in spicy peanut sauce.
3. Dark chocolate. Almost anything with dark chocolate.
4. Pumpkin or squash ravioli. The best ever is here in SF at L'Osteria del Forno. It's worth the wait always.

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
1. Curled up with Miss Mabel and Schmoo watching Tivo.
2. In a house without boxes (we're only 12% unpacked, if that).
3. At H&M getting some stylish new clothes.
4. Almost anywhere in Europe. If I could live and work there I probably would.

Four Bloggers Who Have to Answer These Same Questions, or Kittens Will Die. Or Something.
1. KnitsyBitsy. You've got a soft spot for kitties and would save them ALL if you could.
2. Janis. Save those kitties (or puppies) and give us all the 4-1-1.
3. Nootsmaak. Cause you certainly don't have anything better to do like, say, planning a wedding or something.
4. Um, sadly I don't know enough folks who'll admit to being bloggers. Lo would have been my fourth...

Well, kids, you're it. Tomorrow I'll have a moving update complete with pic(s). That's all folks.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger griffin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Civic Center said...

Dear Miss Meredith: You could have tagged me but I wouldn't have gone for it anyway, so it's probably good that you didn't.

Do go out and get the DVDs of "Firefly" so you can watch it in the proper order. It's a great show and gets better cumulatively. I wish somebody would give Whedon some more money to make more episodes, not just a movie.

By the way, I've been hanging out at Chris' live-in boyfriend's Film Noir festival lately and it's on the blog. You might be amused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home