Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pink Cabley Goodness

I've been procrastinating about finishing my cabled sock. And, while I loved the cable and rib part of the sock pattern, I don't really like the plain old garter part of the sock (footbed).

So, I decided to take that sock pattern, and turn it into a fabulous pink cabled ski hat, which I absolutely love.





I suppose I should stop procrastinating and get back to that sock now...

On another note, I've been watching #1 Single starring Lisa Loeb. I already knew she was fantastic...she's not only got the best Hello Kitty collection going (although I haven't seen a Hello Kitty water cooler yet), but she also has a wardrobe full of fabulous long scarves...

Hmmm...maybe I'll whip up a quick scarf...anything to avoid finishing that darn sock...

5 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger KB said...

OMG! I love it too! Yarn? Will you write out the pattern?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

I'll try. In famous form, I was merely winging it. Perhaps I can sit down this weekend and create another one. :-)

The pompom was not only fun, but it hides the top which got a tad gnarly.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger kat said...

i have given up on socks after just one! love the hat...keep making hats...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger KB said...

okay...I'm about to try my own version of the hat, so can you tell me if it was a four stitch cable, or a six stitch cable? and are the ribs also two stitch ribs?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

ok, here's what I did. i knit the hat on straight needles (not in the round). so, i casted on 92 stitches to account for seaming.

then i used the following pattern:

CO92

*k2, p2, k4, p2*, repeat to last two stitches, k2

*p2, k2, p4, k2", repeat to last two stitches, p2

continue in rib until 3", end WS row

then continue in cable pattern:

*k2, p2, C4F (put two stitches on holder and hold in front of work. k2 stitches from reg. needle, then 2 from cable needle), p2, k2, p2, C4B (put two stitches on holder and hold behind work. k2 stitches from regular needle, than 2 from cable needle), p2* repeat until last 2 sts, k2

continue in rib pattern, cabling every 6 rows.

knit until piece measures 9" from beginning and begin decreases. (more decrease info to follow)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home