Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Still sleepy



I went to bed at a decent hour (for me, anyway) last night around 11. I read for about 15 minutes until I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. I carefully tucked away the New Yorker, flipped the bedside lamp off, and proceeded to jerk in and out of a completely unrestful and highly restless sleep.

I swear I woke up more exhausted than when my bedtime odyssey began. Any bedtime tips for someone so-exhausted-she-might-be-starting-to-hallucinate? No, seriously.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Are you keeping the same pattern of sleep every night? The body likes patterns... You were burning long hours there for a while, maybe you need some catch up time. Try turning in a bit earlier for a week & see how you feel.

Also, regular exercise helps tremendously. I sleep way better when I'm staying active. I sleep more soundly and I have much better energy during the day.

Balanced vitamin supplements help, too. So does laying off the caffeine, as much as you can, in all forms.

Chamomile tea is good, and valerian can help, but when I tried it it gave me headaches. It's supposed to be an "herbal valium" aiding relaxation & deep sleep.

Then there's always warm milk... meow!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

I'll have to try these...methodically...and see which works for me!

I used to have this fantastic TJs Bedtime Tea which contained catnip--sounds crazy, but it worked!

Unfortunately they have ceased carrying this tea. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home