Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tinkin', winkin' and drinkin'

Tink tink tink
Tink tink tink
Tink that Boise
Tink that Boise...

Yep, since Thursday last I have spent quite a bit of time delicately tinking the Boise wrap. [For those unfamiliar with the term, tink is knit backwards and that is also the literal definition.]

This yarn, because of it's amazing superfuzzy qualities, is a bitch to tink. Even with a great deal of delicacy, the yarn still disintegrated in my fingers on Saturday, resulting in several choice expletives and a side of tears.

Which resulted in some wine...which helped ease my tinking pain, and may have also given me the alcohol-fueled freedom to rip/tink with reckless abandon.


I had been making such good progress each week...but this week nada. I can't bring myself to even touch the wrap--I'm afraid to make another sleep deprivation fueled mistake.


This pic shows how far I had to rip, I mean "tink", backwards on the wrap. The new knitting isn't yet all fuzzy...if you sort of squint you can see where the halo of fuzz ends.


Side view.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger KB said...

OhMG!

It's really quite lovely...tink or no tink. It also looks nice and cozy. I think maybe if you drink more....you'll be able to get over it.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

amen, sister :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home