Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Newsflash: Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I've been sick for 7+ days (couldn't even get up for several days in a row). First it was the flu, and now bronchitis and if I'm extremely unlucky it'll turn into pneumonia. Currently I'm on karma's bad side--last weekend someone hit my car while it was parked in front of my house. Clearly the work of a drunk driver. Sigh. On to happier topics.

IMG_3208.JPG
I had a really fantastic time in London with KB in London. I did lots of touristy stuff, both on my own and with KB including:
  • Kensington Palace - including Princess Diana memorial dandelion sculptures
  • Victoria & Albert Museum
  • Natural History Museum
  • Hampton Court Palace - including gardens and hedge maze (lifelong dream realized)
  • A couple of fun Rick Steves walking tours
  • seeing the latest Shepard Fairey exhibit
  • London Bridge & the Tower of London
  • high tea at the Orangery - highly recommended
Best of all, we got the chance to attend the first Stitch 'n Bitch London event, where we knit scarves for charity
IMG_3169.JPG

We also got to meet Debbie Stoller who headlined the event, and a photo of us knitting even made it into the IKL (I Knit London) html newstetter! We're like, so famous ;-)
IMG_3204.JPG
KB with Debbie

They gave us the most adorable knitting needles with cat heads as a charity knitting thank you - so freaking cute!
IMG_3148.JPG

There was also a poetry reading where an older chap in an intricately handknit vest read a hilarious and touching poem he had written about his daughter's knitting.

KB, thanks for being such a wonderful host. London, thanks for just being so fabulous!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

So sorry you've been ill and about your car. The same thing happened to my car when I lived in the Western Addition. Not a good time.

Would some homemade chicken soup help (you, not your car)? Happy to whip some up & bring it by. Let me know & feel better. The UK excursion sounds wonderful!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Those knitting needles are adorable -- what a great souvenir. Sorry you've been so sick. Hope you have a warm water humidifier, nasal washes, etc. Please don't get a sinus infection.

I tried to post about the Artfibers issues, and yes, I didn't know about the 100 gram thing until after I bought an entire cone of a lovely and wonderful yarn. Now that my Tuscany shawl is done, I have enough for a scarf for my cousin, but I doubt I would have bought it all in the first place...

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger KB said...

OMG. I can't even believe how sick you are! I'm sending you healing thoughts from across the pond. I had such an amazing time with you here. I'm glad you finally made it out here.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Nootise, I thank you and can only wish that I had read your offer sooner! Sadly, I'm mostly better and now have to travel for business tomorrow :-(

Renee, yay Tuscany! It's beautiful!

KB, thanks for the healing thoughts they must have worked! Did you go to the Christmas market?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home