Newsflash: Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired
I've been sick for 7+ days (couldn't even get up for several days in a row). First it was the flu, and now bronchitis and if I'm extremely unlucky it'll turn into pneumonia. Currently I'm on karma's bad side--last weekend someone hit my car while it was parked in front of my house. Clearly the work of a drunk driver. Sigh. On to happier topics.
I had a really fantastic time in London with KB in London. I did lots of touristy stuff, both on my own and with KB including:
- Kensington Palace - including Princess Diana memorial dandelion sculptures
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Hampton Court Palace - including gardens and hedge maze (lifelong dream realized)
- A couple of fun Rick Steves walking tours
- seeing the latest Shepard Fairey exhibit
- London Bridge & the Tower of London
- high tea at the Orangery - highly recommended
We also got to meet Debbie Stoller who headlined the event, and a photo of us knitting even made it into the IKL (I Knit London) html newstetter! We're like, so famous ;-)
KB with Debbie
They gave us the most adorable knitting needles with cat heads as a charity knitting thank you - so freaking cute!
There was also a poetry reading where an older chap in an intricately handknit vest read a hilarious and touching poem he had written about his daughter's knitting.
KB, thanks for being such a wonderful host. London, thanks for just being so fabulous!