Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Kitty Cancer

IMG_2156
Well, it's official. Mabel has been diagnosed with lymphoma. We're still waiting for her biopsies to provide more info about the stage she's in so we can treat it effectively. For now, we're doing lots of snuggling and giving her privacy (from Monkey) so that she can rest as best she can.

On Sunday is was chilly in our 'hood in the city, and she was having to sleep super-awkwardly because her shaved paws were getting cold. So I made her kitty legwarmers. Because that's just the kind of crazy I am. She seemed to like them and was able to sleep in positions more natural to her.

IMG_2150

And yes, I used my hand-dyed superwash merino DK because she's totally worth it!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Kiwi said...

aww, kitty. She is totally worth the hand dyed! I know she's as comfy as you can make her at the moment, but I hope the best with the test results and that you can still squeeze a few more years out of her.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mabel's cancer, but the paw warmers are such a symbol of love for your kitty - and of course the hand-dyed is worth it...

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger KB said...

Poor little Mabel. I wanted to cry when I read these last two posts. Me and Woo are sending loving and healing thoughts her way. Fingers (and paws) crossed over here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home