Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, August 15, 2005

The joys of getting paid in yarn

Yeah, that's right. I've finally figured out something I like working for...yarn. My good friend Warren is opening a yarn store shortly, and I'm working with him to design and develop a brand, signage, website etc. Love it. It's compeltely relaxing work.

But what do I love even more? Getting my first "payment" in yarn! Omg! It was like liquid crack (disclaimer for work people--you know who you are: I am merely using this as a metaphor and have no direct or indirect knowledge how it feels to be on crack aside from seeing that episode of Six Feet Under last season where David was kidnapped and forced to smoke crack, among other things) yesterday hanging out in his living room diving through boxes and boxes (and even more boxes) of amazing yarn...

But, it was certainly easy to make a first choice. I thought I'd never be able to pick anything out...then I touched this one...



It is as soft and gorgeous as it looks...and the adorable bolero pattern from the spring Rebecca magazine is just the ticket.



So, I'm officially adding this project to my mile long things to do list...but it should be a quick one...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I'm lucky I'll get to wear it this season...

Of course, if I could happen upon that fabulous blue polka dot tank top it'd be even better...it would match my bolero perfectly...so if you see one out there let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home