Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

It's all about the boobs...

So it rained all day today...which is bad for vacationers, but good for folks here since they desperately needed rain. Of course, as far as I'm concerned it could have waited another week...

So, what do you do when it's raining? Why, shop. And who better to shop with than my mom and sister--the biggest power shoppers I know. Seriously. After the second store when I'm getting completely exhausted and cranky, they are just getting warmed up. You can't just go to one store. Oh no. You've got to hit at least seven. And if you get them in a mall, look out! You might just have to hit every other store.

So, we shopped. Hit some craft stores, bought some stuff to sew (since it's supposed to rain tomorrow too--beach dreams shattered)...then came the hilarious comment from my mom.

Somehow, we got on the topic of breast cancer while she was driving. She's driving along we're chatting, then there's a long pause. Suddenly, she yells out "OMG, do I need to turn here?" Now keep in mind she's lived here for almost her whole 57 years...

I say, "Um, no mom. Even I know that." I know, it's like I'm sixteen again with angst, and I couldn't resist a little sarcastic jab. Shame on me.

"Sorry, I was thinking about boobs." says my mother.

Anyway, I thought it was hilarious. If you knew my mom, completely clean-cut suburban woman, you would too.

After we were done laughing, we hit a few more stores and grabbed a late lunch at the local mexican place (which is such a rarity here versus CA).

Then, my sister and I dropped my mom off and the real shopping began. We decided to hit H&M.

OMG!

It was FANTASTIC! In the words of Ted Danson, "It was heaven." Cause, you know if you watch CYE, everything is heaven. Love it! Got approximately one million new cute items. Strangely, they were all made of linen. Not sure why I went linen crazy...must have been the heat here...maybe I can wear it in san fran...or maybe we'll have to up the number of warm weather vacations we take in a year.

Anyway, I promised KB some random fam pics. So KB, these two are for you.


My lil' sis and her dog Sadie


Sadie chillin' on my old couch

More fam pics to come assuming we ever get some decent weather.

And, I promise KB, I'll round up some photos of my mom with her 30 pound cat, Hoss. :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Janis said...

OHMYGOD I love the doggie!!!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger KB said...

I think that Hoss could be bigger than Sadie!!! I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home